Aetna 2019 AEP Certification & First Looks
First Look 2019 for Aetna
Requires NCCagent.com password to download. Register for free access to this and all of our exclusive agent resources. Registration is free.
Aetna Certification 2019
- Passing AHIP does not reduce the number of Aetna test modules
- Passing score is 90%
- 3 attempts
- If AHIP is failed in 3 attempts, Aetna can’t be offered and no renewals for the next plan year!
- Individual Medicare Producers Certification User Guide (PDF)
- Supply Ordering
Launch Dates, Websites, Agent Support Numbers
- July 11, 2018
- Certs will cover the remainder of 2018
- Agent Support - 866-714-9301
- [email protected]
AHIP Certification 2019
- AHIP cost is $175, or $125 if using link from carrier's agent pcrtal
- AHIP passing score is 90%
- AHIP allows 3 attempts to pass the 2-hour timed AHIP exam
- Fail 3 times; agent will pay $175 for an additional 3 attempts ($50 carrier discount can’t be applied)
Find Medicare Advantage Plans by County
Insurance carriers don't offer Medicare Advantage plans in all states or in all counties within a state. Complete this form and we will be glad to check county availability for you.
We will also send you a contracting kit with that carrier's Medicare Advantage information, including Applications, Brochures, Commissions, and Rates.
Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Plan from Aetna
These are the current states. There are more to be announced soon that Aetna won't let us reveal on our website. Call us at 800-695-0280 for more information on Aetna's expansion states and expansion counties for 2019.
AZ AL AR CA CO CT DC DE FL GA IA IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MO NC NE NJ NV NY OH OK PA SC SD TN TX UT VA WA WI WV WY
Aetna is transforming health care by partnering with local doctors, nurses and other providers to make sure members receive the right care at the right time and in the right place. Aetna is committed to connecting members to coordinated, accessible, affordable, and personalized health care right where they live. Aetna model is called “value-based care”; where physicians are paid based on quality of care not quantity.
Aetna currently offers HMO, PPO, HMO with Travel Advantage, and PPO with Explorer plans. Aetna Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans are in 39 states with market expansions.
Portability elements of Aetna plans consist of ER and urgent care in the United States and worldwide; value-add travel discounts on nationally recognized brand-name products and services; national pharmacy network of pharmacies and seamless medical network of providers throughout the United States. Covered plan services do not require Primary Care Provider (PCP) referrals for specialist care. The visitor travel program allows members to remain in their plan for an additional 6 months when they are travelling outside the plan’s service area. Without the visitor traveler program, CMS mandates that members be disenrolled if they are outside the plan’s service area for more than 6 months. Travel Pass is a snapshot of member specific health care elements such as selected PCP, medication history, vaccine history and other information. Aetna plan offerings and considerations may vary by plan and by geographies. Provider participation varies by state.
Contract Online With Aetna
Agents are busy people. Avoid printing, faxing, and mailing. Contract online in minutes.
Request a Free Carrier Contracting Kit
Let us email you a contracting kit for any of the dozens of insurance carriers we represent. Kits typically include:
- Underwriting Guides
- All specific to your state
Medicare Advantage Resources for Agents
These resources will ensure your AEP success.
- How to Do a Medicare Advantage Needs Analysis
- 10 Ways You Are Not Compliant When Selling Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Glossary
- How to Talk to Your Clients About Medicare
- Medicare Advantage Carriers
- Medicare PDP Carriers
- Medicare Supplement Carriers