Cigna Medicare Information for Agents
Please Note: The information on this page relates to Cigna’s AHIP requirements for AHIP 2020. We will be updating with info for 2021 as we receive it. While many details will remain the same for 2021, be sure to contact an NCC Marketing Specialist at 800-659-0280 with any questions.
All the information you need to meet Cigna’s requirements for AHIP. Find First Looks, guides, contacts, portals, and information on cost and discounts for 2020.
Cigna First Look for AEP 2020
Cigna AHIP Certification 2020 Explained
- AHIP, Gorman or Pinpoint is required prior to certification.
- No modules alleviated by passing AHIP or Pinpoint.
- Passing score is 85%. You have 3 attempts.
- Fail any module 3 times, agent will have to call the HAAL agent assistance line – 866-442-7516.
- Agencies must log in with the agency NPN to complete attestation.
- Face-to-face training is not required but is recommended as a supplement – especially for new agents.
- 2020 Certs will cover the remainder of 2019.
Certification Links, Guides, Phone Numbers, Emails
AHIP Certification 2020 - Cigna Cost & Discount Information
- Cigna will reimburse agents who sell 5 net January 1, 2020 effective applications and complete their 2020 certification by September 15, 2019.
- Reimbursement is $125 for AHIP certification, $99 for Gorman certification, and $89.95 for Gorman certification.
- A copy of the completed AHIP should be emailed to DistributionServicesUnit@healthspring.com with your NPN in the filename or email.
- AHIP passing score is 90%.
- AHIP allows 3 attempts to pass the 2-hour timed AHIP exam using the carrier discount.
- Fail 3 times; agent will pay $175 for an additional 3 attempts ($50 carrier discount can’t be applied).