Current as of 07/22/2020AL AR AZ CO DE FL GA IL KS MD MO MS NC NJ PA SC TN TX VA
Current as of 06/08/2020
With Cigna Medicare Advantage health care plans an individual can get medical, dental, vision and prescriptions in one plan. Cigna Medicare Advantage offers HMO, PPO, and Special Needs Plans (SNPs). The beneficiary will have access to primary doctors, specialists, case managers, worldwide emergency care and a 24-hour nurse line. These plans use a designated network of doctors and hospitals who work together to provide the needed care in the most cost-effective way: a team approach to health care that promotes the doctor-patient relationship.
List of available plans:
1. Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) – Contracts with Medicare providing access to network of doctors & hospitals that coordinate care with a focus on prevention. With an HMO, care may not be covered if you go outside the HMO network without prior approval.
2. Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) – Provides access to a network of doctors & hospitals that coordinate care. PPOs have a network of doctors but also allow an individual to use out-of-network providers for a higher copay or coinsurance.
3. Chronic Special Needs Plan (C-SNP) – A Medicare Advantage Plan with coverage for Medicare beneficiaries with certain chronic conditions (such as diabetes), or other specific needs.
4. Dual Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) – A Medicare Advantage Plan with coverage for Medicare beneficiaries who receive additional medical assistance from the state. Individual must have both Medicaid and Medicare to join a Cigna D-SNP plan.
To join a Medicare Advantage Plan an individual must:
• Have both Medicare Part A & Part B.
• Have permanent residence in service area.
• Not have end-stage renal disease (ESRD), (kidney dialysis).
Cigna Medicare Advantage Plans offer:
• No or low monthly plan premiums.
• No or low copays.
• Plan covers 100% of Original Medicare benefits.
• Out-of-pocket protection.
Most plans include prescription drug coverage. Medicare Advantage-Only Plans never include prescription drug coverage. Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (DE-SNP) are offered, all SNPs must provide Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all states or counties within a state.