Aetna AHIP Certification 2020
Aetna First Look for AEP 2020
- Go to https://firstlook.aetna.com.
- Click the "Login" button.
- Enter your Producer World username and password. Click the "Login" button.
Aetna AHIP Certification 2020 Explained
- Passing AHIP does not reduce the number of Aetna test modules.
- Passing score is 90% for Aetna courses and 90% for AHIP.
- 3 attempts for Aetna courses and 90% for AHIP.
- To receive renewal commissions starting in January agents must complete certification by December 31, 2019.
- 2020 certs will cover the remainder of 2019.
Certification Links, Guides, Phone Numbers, Emails
- Individual Medicare Producer Guide (PDF) - Certification begins in section 3.
- Supply Ordering (PDF)
- Aetna Medicare Producer Certification
- Agent Support Phone: 866-714-9301
- Agent Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AHIP Certification 2020 - Aetna Cost & Discount Information
- AHIP cost is $175, or $125 if using the link from Aetna's agent portal.
- AHIP is free for 2019 FrontRunners!
Aetna MA/MAPD Certification and Attestation Components
1. AHIP Medicare training and exam: This course has five modules. The final exam requires a passing score of 90% or better within three attempts and includes Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) training, as well as a test.
- The AHIP final exam costs $125. (Except for 2019 Front Runners. For Front Runners, the cost is FREE.)
- If you’re recertifying and you completed last year’s AHIP training requirements, you can follow a recertification track of modules 4-5 only, plus the Fraud, Waste, and Abuse training/exam. You should still reacquaint yourself with modules 1-3 since the final exam covers all five modules.
2. Core training and exam: Provides a high-level view of Aetna’s Code of Conduct and Medicare Compliance Program to satisfy annual CMS certification requirements.
3. Broker attestations:
- FDR attestation: An attestation for First Tier, Downstream and Related Entities.
- Market-specific training attestation: An attestation acknowledging that you'll need to complete market-specific training for every state and market where you plan to sell. To find and register for a market-specific training, visit AetnaMedicareAgentTraining.com and search for events by state.
- Third-party website attestation: An attestation for contracted agents/brokers and entities who use a website to reference or promote MA/MAPD plans, or to obtain beneficiary information for the purposes of marketing or enrollment into an Individual Medicare plan.
4. MA/MAPD overview training and exam: Offers a high-level look at Aetna and Coventry Individual MA/MAPD and Medicare Supplement products to satisfy annual CMS certification requirements. It also includes the Dual-Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) training.
AZ AL AR CA CO CT DC DE FL GA IA IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MO NC NE NJ NV NY OH OK PA SC SD TN TX UT VA WA WI WV WY
Aetna is transforming health care by partnering with local doctors, nurses and other providers to make sure members receive the right care at the right time and in the right place. Aetna is committed to connecting members to coordinated, accessible, affordable, and personalized health care right where they live. Aetna model is called “value-based care”; where physicians are paid based on the quality of care, not quantity.
Aetna currently offers HMO, PPO, HMO with Travel Advantage, and PPO with Explorer plans. Aetna Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans are in 39 states with market expansions.
Portability elements of Aetna plans consist of ER and urgent care in the United States and worldwide; value-add travel discounts on nationally recognized brand-name products and services; national pharmacy network of pharmacies and seamless medical network of providers throughout the United States. Covered plan services do not require Primary Care Provider (PCP) referrals for specialist care. The visitor travel program allows members to remain in their plan for an additional 6 months when they are traveling outside the plan’s service area. Without the visitor traveler program, CMS mandates that members be disenrolled if they are outside the plan’s service area for more than 6 months. Travel Pass is a snapshot of member-specific health care elements such as selected PCP, medication history, vaccine history, and other information. Aetna plan offerings and considerations may vary by plan and by geographies. Provider participation varies by state.
AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY
Aetna offers three of the four stand-alone Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) in all 50 states plus D.C.; plan names are Aetna Medicare Rx Select, Aetna Medicare Rx Saver, First Health Part D Value Plus, and First Health Part D Premier Plus. Among these four plans, there’s a monthly premium as low as $17.56; an annual deductible on two, premiums and deductibles may vary by CMS region; preferred retail copay for a 30-day supply; Aetna Rx Home Delivery for a 90-day supply. Gap coverage for Tiers 1 and 2, and some Tier 4; formulary coverage ranges from 95 to 98 of top-100 drugs most commonly prescribed to Medicare beneficiaries; and a robust preferred pharmacies network may vary by plan and by region.
Request an Aetna Contracting Kit
Let us email you a contracting kit for Aetna or any of the dozens of insurance carriers we represent. Kits typically include:
- All specific to your state
Find Medicare Advantage Plans by County
Insurance carriers don't offer Medicare Advantage plans in all states, or in all counties within a state. Complete this form and we will be glad to check county availability for you.
We will also send you a contracting kit with that carrier's Medicare Advantage information, including Applications, Brochures, Commissions, and Rates.
Medicare Advantage Resources for Agents
These resources will ensure your AEP success.
- 6 Steps to Medicare Seminar Success
- Find Med. Adv. and PDP Plans by State
- Find Plans by County
- Medicare Quote Engine
- Medicare Quote App
- Our Medicare Advantage Carriers
- Our Medicare PDP Carriers
- Our Medicare Supplement Carriers
- How to Do a Medicare Advantage Needs Analysis
- How to Talk to Your Clients About Medicare
Medicare Quote App
We now offer our Medicare Quote Engine as a mobile app that's available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Always get the best rates for Medicare Advantage, Med Supps, and PDP from the top carriers. Quotes are shown instantly. No waiting and no email.
Step 1: Register for a Free Account
You'll need a username and password for the app. NOTE: registrations must be reviewed and approved manually. You will receive an email with your username and password once your application is approved.
If you already have a login for our quote engine, you can use the same username and password for the app. Forgot your password? Reset it here.
Step 2: Download the App
Follow the links, or search for "NCC Quoting Tools" on either store.
Contract Online With AetnaContract for MA and PDP
Contract for All Others