Cigna-HealthSpring AHIP Certification 2020
Cigna-HealthSpring First Look Now Available
Cigna-HealthSpring Certification 2020 Explained
- AHIP, Gorman or Pinpoint is required prior to certification.
- No modules alleviated by passing AHIP or Pinpoint.
- Passing score is 85%. You have 3 attempts.
- Fail any module 3 times, agent will have to call the HAAL agent assistance line - 866-442-7516.
- Agencies must log in with the agency NPN to complete attestation.
- Face-to-face training is not required but is recommended as a supplement - especially for new agents.
- 2020 Certs will cover the remainder of 2019.
Certification Links, Guides, Phone Numbers, Emails
- Certification Website
- Cigna-Healthspring AHIP 2020 Roadmap
- Supply Ordering Guide (PDF)
- HealthSpring Agent Assistance Line (HAAL) - 866-442-7516
AHIP Certification 2020 - Cigna-HealthSpring Cost & Discount Information
- Cigna-HealthSpring will reimburse agents who sell 5 net January 1, 2020 effective applications and complete their 2020 certification by September 15, 2019.
- Reimbursement is $125 for AHIP certification, $99 for Gorman certification, and $89.95 for Gorman certification.
- A copy of the completed AHIP should be emailed to DistributionServicesUnit@healthspring.com with your NPN in the filename or email.
- AHIP passing score is 90%.
- AHIP allows 3 attempts to pass the 2-hour timed AHIP exam using the carrier discount.
- Fail 3 times; agent will pay $175 for an additional 3 attempts ($50 carrier discount can’t be applied).
Cigna-HealthSpring Medicare Advantage Plans
AL AR AZ DC DE FL GA IL KS MD MO MS NC PA SC TN TX
- $0 premium plans available
- Comprehensive coverage
- HMO, PPO, SNP plans available
Cigna-HealthSpring Medicare Advantage health care plans provide comprehensive benefits, including coverage for medications and all medically necessary services. These plans use a designated network of doctors and hospitals who work together to provide the needed care in the most cost-effective way. A team approach to health care that promotes the doctor-patient relationship.
Cigna-HealthSpring currently offers HMO, HMO-POS, PPO, and Special Needs Plans (SNPs).
Most plans include prescription drug coverage; Medicare Advantage-only plans never include prescription drug coverage. Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (DE-SNP) are offered; all SNPs must provide Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Other Medicare/Medicaid plans offered in specific regions are Texas Medicare-Medicaid Plan and Texas Medicaid STAR+PLUS. For the residents of Texas, Cigna-HealthSpring offers people eligible for Medicare and Medicaid all their benefits in one plan. Cigna-HealthSpring works with the State of Texas to help individuals and families get health coverage in the Texas Medicaid STAR+PLUS Program by providing eligible enrollees with a wide range of quality health care services.
Request a Cigna-HealthSpring Contracting Kit
Let us email you a contracting kit for Cigna-HealthSpring or any of the dozens of insurance carriers we represent. Kits typically include:
- All specific to your state
Find Medicare Advantage Plans by County
Insurance carriers don't offer Medicare Advantage plans in all states or in all counties within a state. Complete this form and we will be glad to check county availability for you.
We will also send you a contracting kit with that carrier's Medicare Advantage information, including Applications, Brochures, Commissions, and Rates.
Medicare Advantage Resources for Agents
These resources will ensure your AEP success.
- 6 Steps to Medicare Seminar Success
- Find Med. Adv. and PDP Plans by State
- Find Plans by County
- Medicare Quote Engine
- Medicare Quote App
- Our Medicare Advantage Carriers
- Our Medicare PDP Carriers
- Our Medicare Supplement Carriers
- How to Do a Medicare Advantage Needs Analysis
- How to Talk to Your Clients About Medicare
Medicare Quote App
We now offer our Medicare Quote Engine as a mobile app that's available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Always get the best rates for Medicare Advantage, Med Supps, and PDP from the top carriers. Quotes are shown instantly. No waiting and no email.
Step 1: Register for a Free Account
You'll need a username and password for the app. NOTE: registrations must be reviewed and approved manually. You will receive an email with your username and password once your application is approved.
If you already have a login for our quote engine, you can use the same username and password for the app. Forgot your password? Reset it here.
Step 2: Download the App
Follow the links, or search for "NCC Quoting Tools" on either store.
Contract Online With Cigna-HealthSpring
Agents are busy people. Avoid printing, faxing, and mailing. Contract online in minutes.