SilverScript AHIP Certification 2020
SilverScript First Look AEP 2020
- Go to https://firstlook.aetna.com.
- Click the "Login" button.
- Enter your Aetna Producer World username and password. Click the "Login" button.
SilverScript AHIP Certification 2020 Explained
- Agents must do 3 things to be ready to sell SilverScript:
Step #1: Contract with Aetna. This is a requirement to be eligible for commissions on plans with effective dates of 1/1/2020 and later. (Note: If you’re already contracted for Aetna MA/MAPD, you can skip this step, as there’s no additional action you need to take with your contract.)
Step #2: Complete 2020 certification.
Step #3: Receive a ready-to-sell notice
- There are separate certification processes for Aetna MA/MAPD and SilverScript PDP. Completing 2020 Aetna certification does not satisfy the certification requirement for SilverScript.
- 2020 Certs will NOT cover the remainder of 2019.
- TAKE AHIP FIRST! If you pass AHIP first you can skip 2 of the 3 SilverScript test modules.
- There’s a link on Agent Portal to transmit their AHIP send scores.
- In Pinpoint, the direct scores to be sent upon registration for the test, Gorman, agents can use Silver Mail to upload the cert.
- Passing score is 90%.
- SilverScript allows 3 attempts.
Certification Links, Guides, Phone Numbers, Emails
- SilverScript Ready to Sell Guidelines 2020 (PDF)
- Agent Portal - Tools > Training and Certification > Launch Training
- Broker Services
- Agent Support Phone: 888-277-4174
- Broker Support Email: email@example.com
AHIP Certification 2020 - SilverScript Cost & Discount Information
- AHIP cost is $175, or $125 if using link from SilverScript's agent portal.
- AHIP passing score is 90%.
- AHIP allows 3 attempts to pass the 2-hour timed AHIP exam.
- Fail 3 times; agent will pay $175 for an additional 3 attempts ($50 carrier discount can’t be applied).
A plan with lots of zeros ‐ $0 deductible on ALL tiers, $0 copay on Tier 1 drugs through CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy, and lower monthly premiums.
- $0 deductible in most states except Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas.
- $0 deductible applies to ALL 5 tiers.
- In Arizona, Georgia, and Texas, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $100 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5.
- In Colorado and South Carolina, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $415 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5.
- In Alaska, there is a $415 deductible that applies to all tiers.
PREMIUMS: Low monthly premium. The Choice PDP premium is below the benchmark in 28 out of 34 regions (in other words, it is below the benchmark in every state except CO, DE, DC, MD, NC, and TX).
- The Choice Network includes more than 66,100 pharmacies and the CVS Caremark preferred mail service pharmacy.
- The Choice Network includes over 27,300 preferred retail pharmacies and over 38,800 standard retail pharmacies.
- Tier 1 ‐ Preferred Generic drugs have a $0 copay for 90-day prescriptions through our mail service pharmacy.
- While the formulary still includes over 3,400 drugs, for 2019 some drugs were replaced with different drugs.
- The SilverScript Choice formulary includes dozens of additional drugs compared to 2018.
- Medicare has modified its regulation allowing plan sponsors to add drugs to its formulary and have these positive changes displayed on the Medicare.gov Plan Comparison tool, even during AEP.
SilverScript Plus PDP
AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY
SilverScript Plus – Members get everything the SilverScript Choice plan offers, plus enhanced coverage for Medicare’s “donut hole.”
DEDUCTIBLE: $0 deductible in all states.
EXTRA GAP COVERAGE: Tier 1 and Tier 2 medications have the same low copays in the Coverage Gap as before the Coverage Gap.
- The Plus network includes more than 66,100 pharmacies and the CVS Caremark preferred mail service pharmacy.
- The Plus network includes over 40,400 preferred retail pharmacies and over 25,700 standard retail pharmacies.
- Tier 1 & Tier 2 ‐ Preferred Generic Tier and Generic Tier drugs have a $0 copay through our mail service pharmacy.
FORMULARY: Slightly different formulary than the SilverScript Choice formulary.
NOTE: SilverScript Plus PDP is not available in Alaska.
Request a SilverScript Contracting Kit
Let us email you a contracting kit for SilverScript or any of the dozens of insurance carriers we represent. Kits typically include:
- All specific to your state
Find Medicare Advantage Plans by County
Insurance carriers don't offer Medicare Advantage plans in all states or in all counties within a state. Complete this form and we will be glad to check county availability for you.
We will also send you a contracting kit with that carrier's Medicare Advantage information, including Applications, Brochures, Commissions, and Rates.
Medicare Advantage Resources for Agents
These resources will ensure your AEP success.
- 6 Steps to Medicare Seminar Success
- Find Med. Adv. and PDP Plans by State
- Find Plans by County
- Medicare Quote Engine
- Medicare Quote App
- Our Medicare Advantage Carriers
- Our Medicare PDP Carriers
- Our Medicare Supplement Carriers
- How to Do a Medicare Advantage Needs Analysis
- How to Talk to Your Clients About Medicare
Medicare Quote App
We now offer our Medicare Quote Engine as a mobile app that's available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Always get the best rates for Medicare Advantage, Med Supps, and PDP from the top carriers. Quotes are shown instantly. No waiting and no email.
Step 1: Register for a Free Account
You'll need a username and password for the app. NOTE: registrations must be reviewed and approved manually. You will receive an email with your username and password once your application is approved.
If you already have a login for our quote engine, you can use the same username and password for the app. Forgot your password? Reset it here.
Step 2: Download the App
Follow the links, or search for "NCC Quoting Tools" on either store.
Contract Online With SilverScript
Agents are busy people. Avoid printing, faxing, and mailing. Contract online in minutes.