The Walmart Retail Program allows NCC agents to reserve a Walmart store during AEP 2022. Agents have the opportunity to meet Walmart shoppers, answer their questions, and enroll them in Medicare plans.
- Must be contracted through National Contracting Center with at least two Medicare Advantage carriers that offer plans in the area.
- Must complete Medicare certifications for AHIP and two Medicare Advantage carriers by September 10, 2021. It is suggested that AHIP and the carrier certifications are completed before September 1st in order to ensure they are reported to the HBH Program by the September 10 deadline.
- Agent must be in store three days per week for a total of 20 hours per week during AEP. This can be divided between multiple agents.
- $1500 application fee per store. NCC agents can use their MAP credits to cover the fee.
Stores Must be Reserved in Advance
- Agent reservation is exclusive; no other agents will be allowed a presence in that Walmart unless you decide to split your store with another agent.
- The sooner you apply for a store the better your chances of reserving it!
- We recommend applying for at least three stores in case your first pick is not available.
- Check with your Marketer for help finding stores in your area.
May 17th – May 28th – First Right of Refusal
Agents who qualified the previous year get their choice of stores.
June 8th – June 25th – Round 2 of Store Selection
Apply for at least three stores in case your first pick is not available.
July 6 – July 16th – Round 3 of Store Selection
An additional round open to any agent. Agents can apply for stores whether or not they had the store the previous year. This round will have any store not paid for returned to the open selection to be staffed.
September 1, 2021 – Suggested Certification Deadline
Deadline for agents to have at least 2 carrier certifications completed to ensure they report Ready to Sell on or before September 10th.
September 10, 2021 – Ready to Sell Deadline
Agent must have at least two participating carriers reporting them ready to sell who offer Medicare Advantage policies in their area.
October 11th to December 7th, 2021 – Agent Present in the Store
Agent must be in store three days per week for a total of 20 hours per week. This can be divided between multiple agents.