Recently we received a memo from CMS, stating it has found “numerous and troubling violations on 3rd party websites.” CMS warns that it will be closely monitoring agent or agency websites that market Medicare Advantage and Part D sponsor’s products.
These violations include:
- Inappropriate requests for health status, pre-existing conditions, weight, tobacco-use
- Misleading information such as identifying Medicare Supplement plan as a Medicare Advantage plan
- Using prohibited terminology/ unsubstantiated absolute superlatives
- “The Best” “Highest Ranked” “Rated Number 1”
- Absence of required Part D Disclaimers