1. You are never too good to have a mentor…seriously. Even top insurance agents have mentors and people they turn to for advice.
2. Always push yourself to continue learning…whether it’s new products, compliance or ways of managing your agency.
3. Plan for the future now or regret it later.
4. “Fun is like life insurance; the older you get, the more it costs.” – Frank McKinney
5. Success does not happen overnight
6. Only hire agents who you would let sell to your family and friends
7. Invest in a great coffee maker….trust us this will come in handy during AEP.
8. Reward those who go above and beyond for you. The acknowledgment makes them feel valued and keeps others hungry for acknowledgment
9. You can never have too many clients just failure to service those clients.
10. Treat clients and competitors how you would want to be treated…karma always comes around.
11. Listen more than you talk.
12. Never lose your sense of humor because you will face weird clients, situations, and failures. A sense of humor takes out the sting.
13. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” —Walt Disney
14. Give back to your community to create a well-rounded identity outside your career.
15. Always remember to chase the vision you have created and the money will follow.