SilverScript Contracting & Appointment
SilverScript Choice is Nation’s Largest Basic PDP
For 2018, the SilverScript Choice PDP was the largest Basic Enrollment PDP. (CMS Monthly Enrollment by Plan report, July 2018.)
As an insurer chosen to help launch the Medicare Part D program in 2006, SilverScript has grown to become America’s largest stand-alone Medicare Part D insurer. Unlike other Medicare insurers, prescription drug coverage is SilverScript’s only business.
- SilverScript has $0 deductibles on all tiers on all three plans in most states (see below for details)
- More than 67,000 pharmacies including more than 26,000 preferred as of 7/23/2018
- Access to CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy, with $0 standard delivery for 90-day supplies
- $0 copay for Tier 2 on Plus plan, $0 copay for Tier 1 on all three plans for mail deliveries.
These are SilverScript's current policies and state availability for 2020, as well as information on agent contracting and appointment.
SilverScript Choice PDP
AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY
SilverScript Choice – a plan with lots of zeros ‐ $0 deductible on ALL tiers, $0 copay on Tier 1 drugs through CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy, and lower monthly premiums.
- $0 deductible in most states except Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas.
- $0 deductible applies to ALL 5 tiers.
- In Arizona, Georgia, and Texas, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $100 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5.
- In Colorado and South Carolina, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $415 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5.
- In Alaska, there is a $415 deductible that applies to all tiers.
PREMIUMS: Low monthly premium. The Choice PDP premium is below the benchmark in 28 out of 34 regions (in other words, it is below the benchmark in every state except CO, DE, DC, MD, NC, and TX).
- The Choice Network includes more than 66,100 pharmacies and the CVS Caremark preferred mail service pharmacy.
- The Choice Network includes over 27,300 preferred retail pharmacies and over 38,800 standard retail pharmacies.
- Tier 1 ‐ Preferred Generic drugs have a $0 copay for 90-day prescriptions through our mail service pharmacy.
- While the formulary still includes over 3,400 drugs, for 2019 some drugs were replaced with different drugs.
- The SilverScript Choice formulary includes dozens of additional drugs compared to 2018.
- Medicare has modified its regulation allowing plan sponsors to add drugs to its formulary and have these positive changes displayed on the Medicare.gov Plan Comparison tool, even during AEP.
SilverScript Plus PDP
AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY
SilverScript Plus – Members get everything the SilverScript Choice plan offers, plus enhanced coverage for Medicare’s “donut hole.”
DEDUCTIBLE: $0 deductible in all states.
EXTRA GAP COVERAGE: Tier 1 and Tier 2 medications have the same low copays in the Coverage Gap as before the Coverage Gap.
- The Plus network includes more than 66,100 pharmacies and the CVS Caremark preferred mail service pharmacy.
- The Plus network includes over 40,400 preferred retail pharmacies and over 25,700 standard retail pharmacies.
- Tier 1 & Tier 2 ‐ Preferred Generic Tier and Generic Tier drugs have a $0 copay through our mail service pharmacy.
FORMULARY: Slightly different formulary than the SilverScript Choice formulary.
NOTE: SilverScript Plus PDP is not available in Alaska.
Contract Online With SilverScript
Agents are busy people. Avoid printing, faxing, and mailing. Contract online in minutes.